Thursday, May 15, 2008

Washington DC and Gettysburg

Hey guys, I actually took this trip a long time ago, in November, before I was kidnapped, but I haven't had a chance to write about it yet. I went to Washington DC and Gettysburg with Nicole D. and Mark S. as part of Academic Decathalon. Our first stop was Washington. There we got to go to the Smithsonian and look at some pretty cool paintings. Many were landscapes and showed all sorts of bio-related things, like forests, deserts, mountains, and animals. Then we went and walked around DC. We also saw a bunch of really cool monuments, like the Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Memorial. The next day we went to Arlington cemetery and General Robert E. Lee's house. The cemetery wasw HUGE. There were so many graves, which was kind of depressing. We then went to the DC train station, where there was a GIANT christmas tree! Later that day we drove up to Gettysburg. There we walked around the fields and saw where some of the battles of the Civil War had been fought. That was really cool. The scenery was absolutely beautiful, and I got a chance to look at some awesome nature. We also got to go swimming! So I had alot of fun. And as you all know, I was abducted at a sporting game. I am now, happily enough, traveling the world doing all kinds of fantastic things.
--Watson the Wiki Shirt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home