Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Trip To D.C. with Nikki and Jenna!





Hi it's Wilhemina again, just back from my trip with my two new best friends Jenna Kaufman and Nikki Gebel! This trip i was fortunate to go to the country's capitol, Washington D.C.! This trip consisted of many amazing places and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities! I enjoyed shopping around Georgetown, visiting the National Archives, going inside the actual supreme court during a case, lobbying at the house of representatives, visiting the Holocaust Museum, exploring the Air and Space Museum, and way more! It's strange, because I feel like everywhere I went, at least one thing related back to Bio! At the National Archives, where famous documents like The Declaration of Independence is held, I noticed that the documents were in interesting cases. Once I asked an employee she explained to me that it was to make sure no bacteria or the air particles ruin the delicate papers. I understood that! It related to what Ms. Eberhardt had taught us about adaptations! The paper, although it wasn't living, kind of had to adapt to the current air compared to the air it was made in back in the earlier days. Since it couldn't adapt, it was forced to be stored in special cases! Also I got to lobby about reproduction rights inside the actual house of representatives! Here are some pictures of my trip. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks Jenna and Nikki for taking me! January 8-January 11, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home